Base Pay Negotiable based on Experience
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Manufacturing, Management
Education High School
Experience At least 3 years
Manages Others Yes
Industry Manufacturing, Industrial
Required Travel None
This position is responsible for maintaining strategic objectives and targets that are linked with the corporate targets and their corresponding corporate goals. Duties include directing and coordinating activities that will continue to improve plant performance.
Specific activities that directly reflect supervisor performance include process improvements, understanding and enforcing standardization, complete working knowledge of Foundries. They will facilitate employee involvement activities, understand safety/environmental policies and procedures and comply with all production operations, establish priorities and sequences for foundries due to unforeseen downtime, work as a team member with quality, maintenance, production control and continuously improve safety.
- Make sure all associates are present for work;
- In instances of absence, reorganize work positions to meet production target;
- Assist team leaders with various tasks and problems;
- Monitor current production and shipping inventories;
- Assist with maintaining equipment and machines;
- Assist with cost reductions;
- Assist with quality issues;
- Ensure departments achieve production target;
- Hold regular and adequate team leader meetings;
- Assist with pattern repair problems and/or repair;
- Prepare associates work schedule;
- Evaluate associate work performance;
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have 5 years experience in a Mold or Melt department
- 3 years supervisory experience in a FOUNDRY operation
- Woodworking skills required
- Build employee effectiveness
- Foster open communication and champion change
The work area is normally hot! Time is spent on a shop floor environment, safety glasses, earplugs, and steel-toed boots are required on the production floor.
The physical demands described here may be representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear.
The associate frequently is required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
The associate is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations, Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, clients, customers and the general public
Join our trusted team today!
Contact us at email@example.com to get started with the application process.